Playing Nintendo Switch but using a pair of old, tattered headphones? Trust us when we say this, you aren’t getting the full gaming experience until you have some good headphones to provide that audio backup. Since its launch in 2017, the Nintendo Switch has had many compatible bits manufactured by gaming hardware brands. These suit an extensive range of priorities and budget.
Today, we talk about the best headphones for Nintendo Switch and everything we love and hate about them. Let’s start.
- Compatibility: Switch is compatible with both USB and 3.5mm inputs, to a certain extent that is. After the console’s 4.0 firmware improvements, the Switch’s dock comes equipped with a pair of USB ports that support wireless audio through a dongle. But that will only work given the console is docked. You’re pretty much left with only a wired 3.5mm audio option unless you’re thinking about using the USB-C port in a weird duo-dongle event. So, it’s important to keep connections available.
- Comfort: Gaming for long hours can put excessive pressure on your outer ear. Padding in the right places and a good, ergonomic fit can save you pain and discomfort in the long run. Open-back headphones also offer breathability to keep your ears cool.
- Microphone: If you’re playing games with voice chat enabled, you’ll need a decent microphone in your headphones. Clear audio output is what you want.
- Quality: Drive size determines how great the audio will be. Anything above 40 mm should be find. Plus, better audio provides that immersive feel while gaming. Some headphones also come with noise cancellation to tune out ambient sounds.
Top 5 Best Headphones for Nintendo Switch in 2021
|Product name||Features||Price Range||Buy Now|
|HyperX Cloud Alpha||
|SteelSeries Arctis 1||
|Corsair HS50 Pro||
|Beyerdynamic Custom Game||
|Turtle Beach Recon 70||
1. Best Headphones for Nintendo Switch: HyperX Cloud Alpha
A headset designed keeping the typical gamer in mind, the HyperX Cloud Alpha is the perfect mid-range solution for Nintendo Switch owners. The noise-cancelling microphone isn’t the best thing about this headset but it’s there.
The volume control is placed on the headset wire which allows you to adjust sound level on the go. In terms of design, the aluminum band and braided wire make for a durable build. With its defined mid-tones and booming bass, it’s undoubtedly one of the best headphones for Nintendo Switch.
- Excellent value for money
- Durable and long-lasting
- Detachable microphone
- Subpar microphone
2. Best Headphones for Nintendo Switch: SteelSeries Arctis 1
Tired of having to detangle your wires every time before starting your Switch? Well, the SteelSeries Arctic 1 will be the wireless headset you’ve always dreamt of. The small USB-C attachment can rid you of the frustration of having a corded connection with a simple plug-and-play. Arctic 1 makes sure to not call for too much attention when out in public with its subtle matter design.
Featuring visceral sound and a massive 20-hour battery life, this headset is definitely worth every penny.
- Long lasting battery
- Discrete visuals
- Smart dongle design
- Lack of padding can make it uncomfortable after extended periods of gameplay
3. Best Headphones for Nintendo Switch: Corsair HS50 Pro
The Corsaiir HS50 Pro is the headset to check out for gamers on a modest budget. Not only does it offer long hours of gameplay, but the sound quality is also quite good.
We understand that some people might not want the cheapest available option in the market. This is one is situated in the perfect sweet spot between affordable and premium performance. In addition to the detachable noise-cancelling mic and a minimalistic design, these are made from durable parts. You will get crisp audio output owing to the 50mm drivers.
- Super affordable
- Good sound quality
- Polished, elegant aesthetic
- Lacks 7.1 surround sound
4. Beyerdynamic Custom Game
Naturally, high-end headsets have this advantage in offering better, more state-of-the-art features for its users. When HQ audio fidelity is your primary concern, look no further because we present the BeyerDynamic Custom Game headset. The price point’s pretty steep, but you get what you pay for. So, if you have the money to spare for it, why not?
The comfortable, sizeable ear cups coupled with the flexible metal five a cozy yet sturdy feel to wearers, guaranteeing palpable immersion. A defining feature of this one is the bass slider. Easy to use and handy for intense games filled with thumping audio – and a top-notch cardioid microphone to finish it off.
- Useful bass slider
- Sturdy construction
- Fantastic cardioid mic
- Rather pricey
5. Turtle Beach Recon 70
With a budget under $50, it would be quite a challenge finding headphones for your Nintendo Switch that don’t sound too sharp, or have a completely dysfunctional mic, or horrible ergonomics. However, the Turtle Beach Recon 70N rises above all that and proves low-end products can outperform high-end ones too. You’ll get a well-made comfortable headphone, a discrete, flip-to-mute mic as well as 40mm speakers for that ultimate immersive gaming experience.
Since the 70N is compatible with all current-generation consoles, these are an ideal fit for every kind of gamer. Apart from being versatile, this headset is a top choice is you need functionality over fanciness.
- A price that’s hard to beat
- Wide range compatibility
- Simple, minimalistic design
- Lackluster choice of materials
Choose the comfort and experience you deserve; choose the best headphones for Nintendo Switch. Models and brands vary in signature styles and features, but your budget and personal taste will determine which one suits you the best.
You can also check: Best Headphones for iPhone 11