Thunderbolt audio interfaces are very popular among music producers and other audio content creators. To be able to record to your computer software using guitars, microphones, or your keyboard, an audio interface is a must. Many YouTube video creators highly recommend the thunderbolt audio interface due to its qualitative features and affordable price ranges.
Read through our buying guide for help in choosing the best one for you.!
- Check Latency
The key to quality is sound with low latency. So, while choosing the gear, look for the ones that guidance low-latency recording.
- Active Connectivity
Thunderbolt interfaces mostly use USB. Remember to look for iOS and Mac compatible devices for connectivity.
- Better Options for Inputs and Outputs
It is a must for your interface to have both XLR and 1/4-inch inputs and other efficient connectors. The performance of the interface depends on whether you can easily connect and use it or not.
Best Thunderbolt Audio Interfaces of 2021
As you can expect, there are quite a several audio interfaces in the market that are competing for your attention. Therefore, we have researched and created a list that can help you choose your thunderbolt audio interface.
|Product Name||Features||Price Range||Buy Now|
|Antelope Audio Orion 32+ | Gen 3 64-Channel Thunderbolt||
|PreSonus Quantum 2626 26×26 Thunderbolt 3||
|MOTU 828es 28×32||
|Universal Audio Apollo 8||
1. Antelope Audio Orion Gen 3 64-Channel Thunderbolt- Best for the audio signaling process
For excellent quality audio, the Antelope Antelope Audio Orion thunderbolt is the supreme choice. It is featured with high-end clocking along with flexible routing, so you can create amazing sound effects. To add to that, the onboard effects help you experiment while playing.
The Gen 3 technology is indeed a bonus to optimize the sound quality. The color-coded matrix helps you navigate your audio and allows you to mix audio.
- The A/D converter has 121dB of headroom for enhanced audio quality
- Option of 32 channels of analog ins and outs recording and playing
- The connections are digitized for easier use
- Gen 3 technology is an addition to ensure low latency
- The installation process can be lengthy compared to other devices
2. PreSonus Quantum 2626 26×26 Thunderbolt 3- Best for speedy performance
The PreSonus Quantum 2626 is the fastest thunderbolt audio interface. It is engineered to provide quick speed without the sonic compromise. So this interface guarantees the lowest latency for which your creation can become a masterpiece.
It is featured with 2 direct outputs for connecting with output gears without any delay. The 24-bit A/D/A conversion is of superior quality that can range 192 kHz sampling rate.
- Quickest audio interface available
- Constructed with 8-front mounted XMAX analog mic preamps
- Dual output inserting the gear
- M1 compatible chip for superior sonic quality
- It is not featured to sync with iMac
3. MOTU 828x- Best for beginners
A sophisticated choice for the thunderbolt audio interface is the MOTU 828x. This interface is constructed with the latest Thunderbolt technology with USB 2.0. It is designed to provide 28 inputs and 30 outputs along with onboard misers for producing various types of audios. If you are a beginner, this will surely help you master the art of creating audio.
- Featured with high-speed USB 2.0 with the latest technology
- Destined with built-in analysis tools for better performance
- Digital mixers are featured with the onboard operation
- 28 inputs and 30 outputs constructed for efficiency
- Clocking issue may arise due to construction issue
4. MOTU 828es 28×32- Best for price
The MOTU 828es 28×32 Thunderbolt USB 2.0 Audio Interface is high-potential interphase. It is indeed a great choice for those who want to create audio content for timeless performance. The specialty of this interface is the 2 XLR Outputs and 8 TRS Inputs.
The onboard DSP effects mixer is an upgraded feature that allows you to play around while experimenting with audio. It is compatible with Mac, PC, and iOS.
- I/O word clock for swift performance
- Featured with 2 Microphone Preamps so convenient for producers
- Equipped with a built-in mixer that is featured with DSP effects
- It does not ensure low latency so can be problematic for audio production
5. Universal Audio Apollo 8- Best for features
The Universal Audio Apollo 8 is a fantastic thunderbolt audio interface that ensures your brilliant audio creation. it is designed with Quad Processing that is an upgraded feature ensuring better functionality
The UAD is a solid built-in feature with plug-ins. It is of a superior quality suitable for studios and higher sound production.
- 18 x 24 interface that supports both Mac and Windows
- It is constructed with UAD-2 quad processing for better quality
- Designed with Realtime Analog Classics Plus UAD plug-in for mixing and tracking
- Enabled with mic preamps without latency issues
- Comparatively expensive than other interfaces
To create exceptional audios, you need to gear up with the best thunderbolt audio interface. Surely, the recommended list contains the interface that will be the best for you.
Hope you can find your interface gear and produce your very own audio arts.
You can also read Best Mini Microphones for iPhone.